"Backyard Bounty - The Complete Guide to Year-round Gardening"
by Linda Gilkeson - Backyard Bounty - The Complete Guide to Year-round Gardening in the Pacific Northwest
Grow more food, with less work, in any yard! Now in an updated and expanded edition, Backyard Bounty demystifies gardening, brings it back to the down-to-earth, environmentally practical activity that anyone can enjoy, including:
- Planning your garden and preparing the soil
- Organic fertilizers and simplified composting
- Planting for winter harvests and intensive planting schedules
- Comprehensive info on pests, diseases, and working with an unstable climate
- Greenhouses, tunnels and containers
- Organic pest management.
Packed with a wealth of information specific to the Pacific Northwest, this complete guide emphasizes low-maintenance methods, problems related to common pests and climate concerns, includes a monthly garden schedule for year-round planting and harvesting, and features plant profiles for everything from apples to zucchini.
Perfect for novice and experienced gardeners alike, Backyard Bounty shows how even the smallest garden can produce a surprising amount of food twelve months of the year.